Our industry experience and knowledge throughout the ECI stage was pivotal to the successful delivery of this stunning project.
The Imperial – Hurstville development is an iconic structure at the heart of the Hurstville CBD that was completed by APG in July, 2018. With 239 apartments and 3 commercial tenancies constructed over 5 levels of basement, it was commenced through an Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) agreement. At its inception, the project deliverables were established between the client and APG, not being limited to: contract price (GMP), program, design and construction methodology, and cost. Upon successfully achieving these key deliverables, we were awarded with a lump-sum D&C contract. Our industry experience and knowledge throughout the ECI stage was pivotal to the successful delivery of this stunning project.
The key issues that we faced in ensuring the success of this iconic project included the following:
1. Deferred commencement until Transport NSW’s conditions were satisfied
2. Remediation works
3. Constant monitoring of 5 levels of basement along the rail corridor
4. Engaging with Sydney Airport Authority for crane criteria
5. Liaising with Sydney Water
6. Two chamber substations
7. Stormwater relocation and construction of a culvert within the site boundaries
8. Main sewer diversion
9. Value management to meet budget